Transport Operator – Job Specification
|Post Title:||Transport Operator|
|Reporting to:||Transport Manager|
|Salary:||£25,000 – £35,000 (doe)|
Main purpose of the job:
- To plan the day to day routing of transport Jobs whilst maximising efficiency and utilisation.
- Being proactive in sourcing external work.
- To lead routing activities for STGO and oversize vehicle movements and ensure compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Support the Transport Manager with FORS compliance
- Ensure full compliance with the company’s O Licence undertakings.
- Providing excellent standards of customer service, efficiency and performance
- To assist in the growth of the transport division
- To ensure driver compliance with daily checks and tachograph Laws.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure full compliance with Drivers Hours Laws through planning and management of drivers.
- Liaise with Yard Supervisor on loading requirements
- Booking of vehicles onto specific sites
- Assist the Transport Manager in his roles where required
- Update Insurance with vehicle and driver details.
- Assist to develop the culture, effectiveness, competitiveness, efficiency and excellence of the Transport department.
- Support FORS compliance and development towards the Gold Standard.
- Assist Growth of the Transport Department in line with KPIs set by the Transport Manager
- Provide cover to undertake company “Driving for Work” inductions in the absence of the Transport manager
- Be available for ‘out of hours’ communication where the need arises and hold a company phone for this purpose
- Assist the Transport manager with formal investigation of each RTA and other “damage” incidents involving ECH vehicles, including interview with the drivers. Initiate disciplinary procedures where relevant.
- Work alongside and provide absence cover for other members of the transport team.
- Ensure compliance with daily STGO Routing requirements.
- Assist with investigations in cooperation with government agencies to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures.
- Assist with the sustained growth of the Transport customer base through actively promoting the Emerson brand
- Undertake general admin within the Transport department – Answering phones and queries etc.
- Provide updates and reports to the Transport manager for WLT meetings
- Carry out other duties that management may reasonably require you to undertake that are not specifically listed above
|Qualifications & Experience||
|C0re Values||Safety & Welfare
| Honesty & Integrity
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
To comply with the Emerson’s Equal Opportunities Policy and core values including opposing, and where possible, eradicating all forms of discrimination as an employee and service provider.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the business. You will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by your manager.
If you would like more information on this opportunity then please contact our Business Manager Gavin Dawson via email – firstname.lastname@example.org or phone – 020 8548 3931