Transport Manager – Job Specification
|Post Title:||Transport Manager|
|Reporting to:||Managing Director|
|Salary:||Circa £45,000 (doe)|
Following the rapid growth of the Transport division, we are currently recruiting a Transport Manager.
The Transport Manager will provide excellent standards of customer service, efficiency and performance and ensure full compliance with Drivers Hours Laws through planning and management of drivers.
Main purpose of the job:
- To lead and motivate the transport team
- To ensure compliance with all safety policies and procedures
- Ensure full compliance with the company’s O Licence undertakings.
- Providing excellent standards of customer service, efficiency and performance
- To assist in growing the transport division
- To ensure the requirements for all transport based external accreditations are met
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure full compliance with Drivers Hours Laws through planning and management of drivers.
- Develop the culture, effectiveness, competitiveness, efficiency and excellence of the Transport department.
- Lead FORS compliance and development towards the Gold Standard.
- Use of Tachomaster analysis software to fully record Drivers Hours, Manual entries and Working Time Directive Hours for LGV drivers. Deal with “infringements” as appropriate.
- Manage relationships with external authorities (e.g. DVSA)
- Manage the Transport Department in line with KPIs set by the senior management team.
- Undertake Company “Driving for Work” Inductions
- Upkeep of O Licence via DVSA website and correspondence with Traffic commissioner
- Ensure effective training is provided for Drivers – DCPC, Crossrail, TFL, driving standards etc.
- Be available for ‘out of hours’ communication where the need arises and hold a company phone for this purpose
- Undertake formal investigation of each RTA and other “damage” incidents involving ECH vehicles, including interview with the drivers. Initiate disciplinary procedures where relevant.
- Work alongside and provide absence cover for other members of the transport team.
- Ensure compliance with daily STGO Routing requirements, taxation and registration requirements for vehicles, PCN administration, tracker analysis, toll requirements.
- Conduct investigations in cooperation with government agencies to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures.
- To provide sustained growth of the Transport customer base through actively promoting the Emerson brand
- Undertake general admin within the Transport department – Answering phones and queries etc.
- Provide updates and reports and deliver at monthly WLT meetings
- Carry out 6 monthly one to one meetings with transport staff.
- Carry out other duties that management may reasonably require you to undertake that are not specifically listed above
|Qualifications & Experience||
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
To comply with the Emerson’s Equal Opportunities Policy and core values including opposing, and where possible, eradicating all forms of discrimination as an employee and service provider.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the business. You will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by your manager.
If you would like more information on this opportunity then please contact Sarah Herbert via email – email@example.com or call us on – 020 8548 3908.
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE ***