Course Title: (A62) Crane Supervisor
Duration: 4 Days
Price: £910 + VAT (£1092 inc VAT)
Theory Resit: £150 + VAT (£180 inc VAT)
Practical Resit: £350 + VAT (£420 inc VAT)
Training Location: Emerson Cranes Training Centre, Freshwater Rd, Dagenham RM8 1RX
The CPCS A62 course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in the role of a Crane Supervisor in order to enable the candidate to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests. It is designed to enhance your existing knowledge of lifting operation to enable you to direct and supervise a safe lifting operation in accordance with the safe system of work. The course will also help you identify problems that may have the potential to lead to unsafe situations during a lifting operation.
The learning outcomes include:
- Legislation, regulations and Codes of Practice relating to lifting duties
- Safe systems of work including method statements
- Taking personal responsibility
- Different types of cranes and associated terminology
- Understanding crane documentation
- Understanding crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Crane appreciation
- Observing British Standard 7121
- Understanding the role of Crane Supervisor
- Understanding the role of Appointed Person
- Preparing an area with exclusion zones
Good understanding of spoken and written English is an advantage
The course must be followed up by an NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations – Supervising Lifts (Construction), within two years. This will award you with a CPCS Competent Operator card for Crane Supervisor (Lifting Operations).
To further develop your abilities in supervising safe systems of work, the Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course is recommended. If you wish to develop into the organisation of lifting operations, consider the Appointed Person course in the future.
Other options for this course:
This course can be done without the CPCS Technical Test, which would award Emerson certification.